July 13, 2012

#231 ~ NEW YORK CITY DAY 1 AND 2: FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I'm back from New York City! OMG. It was amazing! A city of differences, contrasts, lights and lots of people. I wanna show you everything about it, well not all of the pictures, because I made about 600, but I'll show you my 'best' selection!

Day one
Photobucket
Photobucket
So after we landed, got to our hotel, checked in and refreshed ourselves, we went for a walk around our hotel area. Our hotel was very nice, and close to Times Square. Times Square is crazy, I've never seen so many people at once at one place. And all of the billboards are so bright ofcourse. It's very interesting to see!

Photobucket
Photobucket
A lot of the buildings are made of a lot of glass, and they reflect the other buildings. It's so gorgeous.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Public Library, we went there on our last day.

Photobucket
Empire State Building!
Photobucket
These are bows tied to the fences in front of a church. The bows are there to memorise victims of the war in Afghanistan.
Photobucket
Photobucket
So as the evening went on, we just walked a little bit through  'our neighbourhood'. We ate sushi for dinner, which I never really had before. We couldn't find a sushi restaurant, only a really authentic, traditional japanese restaurant. It was so cute, the waitresses were wearing beautifull kimono's and the food was delicious! After that we just went back to our hotel, we were so tired because of the time difference.

Day two
Photobucket
Breakfast at Starbucks. I didn't have coffee, because I don't like it, I had hot chocolate. After breakfast we went on a hop on hop off tour bus, that took us to Lower Manhattan to go Liverty Island.

Photobucket
Photobucket
During the bustrip, we saw these piles, made by children. The tourguide told us they were made to commemorate 9/11. I thought this was so special.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I'm a big fan of these stairways, I think they're an exit for when their's fire, but they look so cute!
Photobucket
Arrived at the harbour when we got on the boat to Liberty Island. This statue is presenting the immigration, if I'm right.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
There she is! Lady Liberty!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And just some random shots.

Photobucket
Gorgeous Manhattan.

After Liberty Island we went on the bus again and drove through China Town back to Times Square.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
China Town

Photobucket
Rockefeller Center.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Macy´s! This is the biggest departmentstore in the world. We went there, but it´s just too expensive for me.
Photobucket
Forever21! My kind of shopping! I love Forever21, it´s so big and it has so many options, almost too many. It´s hard to choose!

Photobucket
Lunch!

Photobucket
Broadway, this is amazing. I actually love this picture, I love all the bright lights.

Photobucket
Sunset! We went on a night tour as well, or, evening tour.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Already on the Manhattan Bridge, all of the graffiti, it´s not beautifull in my opinion, but it has it adds character, it´s different.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The gorgeous Brooklin Bridge, picture is taken from Brooklin.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Going back to Manhattan. It´s quite scary, driving over such a big bridge, so high above the water.

Photobucket
Photobucket
And back at Times Square again, all of the lights!

So this was a little summary of the first two days, well one and a half. I´ll keep you updated, you can expect about 5 posts about New York I think haha. Hope you won´t get tired of it!

LOVE♥

1 comment:

  1. kei vet die trappen doen mij echt aan tony hawk denken :P

    ReplyDelete

Your words make my day!